When a loved one passes away...
We are committed to making the process of arranging a funeral as stress free as possible by informing you of the choices available to you and then carrying out your wishes in a discreet professional manner.
Once you have made contact with us the following will happen:
- We will ask for preliminary details concerning the person who has passed away.
- If the person has passed away at home or in a nursing home, and once a doctor has certified death, with your permission we will bring your loved one back to Our Rest Rooms. If the person has passed away in hospital, your loved one will be brought from the hospital as soon as all the relevant paperwork is ready.
- At a time convenient to you, one of our Funeral Directors will arrange to meet you to discuss the funeral arrangements. This meeting can take place in your own home or at any of our premises.
- If no specific instructions have been left regarding the wishes of your loved one, we can advise you on the options available. We are able to cater for all religious denominations and secular requirements for both burial and cremation. Our nearest crematorium is Dundee Crematorium although others are available and we can advise on suitable burial grounds.
- Once all the details have been finalised, we will provide you with written confirmation of the funeral arrangements together with a detailed written estimate.
- When someone passes away in Scotland, their death must be registered within 8 days unless the Procurator Fiscal's involvement prevents this. At the time of making the funeral arragements we will give you detailed advice on registering your loved one's death.